Archive for July, 2011
ENDED: 3 Clever Online Shopping Tricks (AND a Great Giveaway) to Eat Local for EVEN LESS than Restaurant.com Prices!
One of my absolute favorite ways to eat at restaurants is with almost no out of pocket money. Who wouldn’t like that? And the best way eat for pennies on the dollar is with Restaurant.com. (I use my gift certificates at my favorite Italian place, La Casa, in Selden, NY)
Their discounts are insane. You can get $25 gift certificates for no more than $10, although they often go as low as $2 or even $1. In fact, a current promotion lets you save as much as 80% using the promotion code “SAVE.” (I’ll be sure to post future promos as they come out, so subscribe to this blog if you haven’t already)
But wait — don’t dash off just yet, there’re even juicier ways to shop below! (Read to the end where I tell you how to win a Restaurant.com Gift Certificate!)
My favorite of the online rebate sites is eBates.com. With eBates, I’ve gotten up to 50% back for buying the things I need online. The checks come in quarterly (deposited right to Paypal or by mail), and the minimum payout is $5.01, which is nice. Best of all, there’s a sign-on bonus of $5.00, so you start getting checks with your very first buy.
When you use eBates.com to buy from Restaurant.com, you’ll get an additional 15% back!
$25 gift certificate
- 80% off
-15% ebates rebate
Worth looking into, no?
Another online rebate site that I love is Mr. Rebates. It works just like eBates.com—you shop online, then get money back. You can request payouts as soon as your account hits $10.00.
Although I like eBates better overall, Mr. Rebates will occasionally make for a killer shopping combo.
Like this one:
Mr. Rebates gives you 30% back at Restaurant.com!
$25 gift certificate
- 80% off
-30% ebates rebate
$25 worth of good local restaurant food for $3.50… Amazing!
After seeing the great deals to be had at ebates and MrRebates, I figured I’d look into my third most favorite rebate site and see what they offer.ShopAtHome.com too offers 30% back for shopping at restaurant.com using their site. Thankyouverymuch!
Important Rebate Shopping Tips
Now, when shopping with online rebate sites, there are very important things to remember to make sure you get your money.
- Don’t go straight to Restaurants.com after signing up at your rebate service of choice. Starting with the links I give you just below, you must navigate to their site, sign up, then (once your account is verified) through their site, using their menus or search browsers to find your destination and the rebate being offered. They get what they want, and you get what you want… big $$$ for less than a minute of browsing
- Sign up for multiple sites and use them! You’ll notice that I said eBates.com was my favorite. Well, in this case the rebates are better at the other two services, but that isn’t always the case. Consider the other bonuses the sites offer too, like referal and sign-on bonuses
- Pay attention to your payouts! Sometimes it makes sense to shop at one rebate site, even if the rates are lower, if you are close to getting a check. If you don’t keep track of your account balance and request your money when you can, it will just sit there, not earning interest. Boo!
Make sure you click above and have accounts at each site before you start.
Now the Good Stuff—The Gift Certificate Giveaway!
Just to whet your appitite for savings, I am going to give away three gift certificates from Restaurants.com. Three winners will each get emailed one code, redeemable for $25 from the restaurant of their choice (choose from 18,000 venues nationwide), through Restaurants.com.
Here’s what you have to do (Winners will be verified, and chosen from comments below using Random.com). Leave a comment on this post claiming an entry after each step you complete below:
- Like Have Kids Will Coupon on Facebook (if you already like me, just leave a note in the comments section)
- Retweet this post with the phrase 3 clever ways to use restaurant.com via @havekidswillQ #HKWC (Leave your twitter name in your comment or use your twitter profile as your URL)
- Share this giveaway on your Facebook wall (leave a link to the FB page in your entry comment)
- Optional (one entry for each step completed – leave a comment for each):
- Sign up for eBates.com
- Sign up for MrRebates.com
- Sign up for ShopAtHome.com
- Put the Have Kids Will Coupon button in your blog’s sidebar, linked back to http://havekidswillcoupon.com
- Like me on Google Connect
Contest ends and winner will be determined at 12:00 AM on August 15th, 2011. Winner must respond to email notification of the results so we know the code has been claimed. (Another winner will be chosen after 1 week if we get no response.)
Bath time with two toy-a-holics like my kids can be fun, but trying. Each night it’s a battle of time and patience versus distraction and toy distribution preferences. Often it becomes a fight that leaves me irritated, wet and discouraged, but there are glimmers of success that keep me going, and a few ways I’ve learned to manage the mess. Read the rest of this entry »
Get 140 FREE Return Address Labels from Vistaprint! The labels are free – just pay shipping and processing! With over 7,000 of designs to choose from, these labels are extremely versatile. You are sure to find a design that suits your style. Unsure where to start? Sort by style or theme or search for a specific color or image!
SavingsAngel helps busy moms dramatically cut their grocery bills. The best of all the blogs and websites with game-changing technology in one easy-to-use system. Personalized shopping lists from hundreds of weekly sale-coupon matchup deals. Search for specific products or coupons. PLUS personalized help for beginners and great tips for experts. Sign up for SavingsAngel now and receive 4 weeks free (8 weeks for $20).